Podcasts and Pink Dinosaurs

 It's been a little while, hasn't it? I am still really poorly, and I have had two visits to hospital over the last couple of weeks, for Nuclear Medicine Scans, which were interesting. I had to have radioactive stuff inside me, so that the scan could trace it! It was a very uncomfortable experience, but both scans are done and I am waiting for my results. 


The hospital is over an hour away, so while we were there, we took advantage of the downtime and visited some of the local shops. One of them was a homeware shop, and it had these cute Highland Cows! They were so expensive though, for something so tiny. I'm thinking of trying to make some myself, but using hand-spun yarn. I might even have a go at whittling the horns and nose. What do you think?



I also got myself a "hospital treat". I use heat quite a lot to help with my pain, and I've always wanted a "Warmies" plush, so here is Popcorn the Pink Dinosaur! Isn't she cute? She does help with my pain and smells of popcorn, hence the name. 


I also got Blaidd a honking duck toy, which very quickly became a firm favourite. He already knows his name, Ducky, and removed poor Ducky's feet immediately. I'm not sure why, but the rest of Ducky remains intact. I guess he just didn't think that he should have feet! 


I finally finished my Stormseeker socks - pattern by Row Row and Kades, yarn by Spectrum Fibre. What an absolutely lovely pattern and yarn combination! I really love these socks, and I will take some better photos soon, because they're too beautiful for rubbish ones. I can't wait for the next installment of the Cosy Toes KAL, which is going to be awesome! I have already got my yarn ready to go on March 1st, from GreenLambkinYarn. It's VERY pretty. 


Last Wednesday, I did an online course in willow weaving, with West Wales Willow. It was so much fun, and the instructor was brilliant. I was able to make three willow hearts with my kit - two large and one small, and I gave one to my husband for Valentine's Day. I love willow - I really want to plant some in my garden as well as plants for dyeing yarn. I love useful plants - flowers are pretty but plants with a purpose are my cup of tea! 


Tomorrow I will be recording Episode 3 of my audio podcast. I really want get back to video podcasting soon, but for now, audio will have to do. I am enjoying the audio side of things, but it is hard to keep talking for half an hour with no back-and-fore with anyone else! I am used to speaking - I'm a teacher after all, but having no one to bounce off is strange! 

Finally, my monthly yarn club for March will be Cherry Blossom Season! Pink, pink and more pink - yes please! These will go on sale on March 1st until March 10th. 


I'm really enjoying dyeing the yarn clubs, but I really need my health to improve very soon, as I cannot live on yarn clubs alone. I have so many ideas for colourways and themes, and I really want to get them out of my brain and onto yarn so I can share them with you! Fingers crossed it will be soon. 

Charlotte x


Comments